Fails when System.Web.Extensions.dll is not present

Jul 7, 2009 at 10:18 PM

Apparently your template looks for the presence of System.Web.Extensions.dll in the bin directory of the DNN installation during the project creation process. However, my installation of DNN (5.0.1) did not have it. I managed to get past the error by manually copying the file in, but you might want to take a look at this.

Cheers,

Roger Martin
Gallery Server Pro

Dec 17, 2009 at 1:43 AM

Roger,

Same problem here. Where did you find a copy of the DLL please?

Thanks
Matt

Dec 17, 2009 at 3:06 AM

System.Web.Extensions.dll is installed with MS Ajax 1.0 and .NET 3.5 SP1. Look for it on your hard drive if you have one of these installed.

Jan 5, 2010 at 1:50 PM

I had this same problem, and found that it must not be installed, or at least not installed into the correct place with the Windows 7 version of .NET 3.5 SP1.  I even tried reinstalling .NET 3.5 SP1, and it told me that I had to use the Windows 7 Add/Remove components to do so.  I went ahead and installed MS Ajax 1.0 and it fixed the problem.

Coordinator
Jan 15, 2010 at 12:09 AM

Just uploaded a new version that shows a warning when the dll is not present and asks if you have .NET 3.5 SP1 or MSAJAX 1.0 installed.  If so it lets you in and appears to fix the reference of the assembly.  Please give it a try and let me know how it works for you.